Hello Mecano is a startup (not created yet) based in Paris, France.
Our mission is to improve car driver’s experience when it’s time to repair or take care of their car (maintainance…) :
• http://www.hellomecano.fr (not yet launched) exposes a range of mechanical services
• Drivers can buy a service online and book an appointment with a mechanic when it suits them
• Then, Hello Mecano takes care of everything :
- We find the best available mechanic to do the job and give him all the information he needs
- We deal with the paper work
• On D day, the mechanic does the job at the customer’s home or workplace
• Then the customer evaluates the mechanic and his job !
About 80 mechanical services will be available on hellomecano.fr.
The difference between Hello Mecano and its competitors : the user experience we deliver is more simple, clearer, offers more service and it's cheaper !
• Clearer : all services are clearly described on our website and every service has a single price. People don't have to get a quotations 2 days later.
• More simple : drivers can book an appointment in 3 minutes (very simple path, fully online)
• More service : jobs are done at customers' home or office so that they do not loose time going to the garage. Our mechanics are handpicked and every job is evaluated by our customers.
• Cheaper : generally, our prices are cheaper than what regular garage owners would charge !
The name Hello Mecano is supposed to communicate the friendly relation we want to build with our customers, starting by a "Hello Mecano" when they will open their doors to one of our mechanic.
Simplicity, friendlyness, quality and confidence are important values for us.
Our target customers:
• First target : online car parts buyers ⇔ Hello Mecano will allow them to have their parts be mounted by professional mechanics
• Secondary targets:
- Drivers that use their car every day to go to work ⇔ they can’t loose their time going to the garage and having their car immobilized
- Budget oriented drivers who are looking for cheaper ways to take care of their car
We don't know it yet but we feel that the service we develop will be more adapted for people living in suburban areas or rural areas than in the middle of big cities.
• “At home” independent mechanics: they don’t own a garage but a truck full of whatever tool they need ! They can’t do every kind of repair on a car but you would be amazed by the huge number of services they can do !
• Employed mechanics that want to have a second job : they can work on extended time slots (evenigs or weekends) but their service range is simpler
• Regular independent garages : not much digitalized, they offer a poor experience
• Specialized automotive centers : good digital services.. they do not repair at home or at the office… Drivers still must come to them and leave their cars.
• Online platforms that sell “at home” mechanic services : the experience delivered is long and not fully online ; customers must ask for a quotation, get an answer and then book an appointment
Car maintainance and repairing market’s context:
• Traditional garage owners have a very bad reputation: heavy quotations, parts sold but not mounted… they regularly appear among top 3 most hated professions in France
• Car maintainance/repair expenses have a huge weight on French household’s budget : about 1.400€ per year (3% of their expenses)
• Drivers use their car less and less but their maintainance / repair expenses are stable over the years because prices in garages (parts and service) increased faster than the average inflation rate
• There is a real tension on automotive budget and new consumption ways appeared :
- Online parts purchase (this sector is now mature, but stil growing fast)
- Do it yourself (with online tutorials and forums) and self-garages
- Black market…