The purpose of this contest is to seek out a web-advertising design guru who we can work with on a regular basis to design ads, buttons and other page elements, to augment the growing success of WorldTV.com. The specific contest is for a leaderboard ad developed in Flash or Animated GIF.
Unlike previous contests we have run on Sitepoint or elsewhere on eLance for example we do not wish to give much of a brief for this. It's all about creativity and self-starting here, we're looking for someone who can develop their own persuasive idea and concept, including ad copy to boot.
So with that in mind, here goes.. one very (brief) brief.
1. Take a look at WorldTV.com - be sure to create your own channel (it takes 2 mins), and be sure to look at our 'regular site pages' - News, About Us, etc to see the look and feel we use for those.
2. Think about the most compelling angle for a leaderboard ad that would promote this site to a general OR specific audience. If you have a specific audience in mind, let us know what that is (unless its obvious from the ad itself). Naturally we can target ads through the various ad networks to specific websites or demographics. We plan to build a wide range of different ads - general and niche, so we really have no preference here.
3. Produce said leaderboard ad in Flash or Animated Gif.
Feel free to use screenshots from the site if you wish, you can find vector versions of our logo at http://worldtv.com/99designs
The publishers of WorldTV (Smashing Concepts) run over 50 sites with a wide range of properties, so it is worth entering and taking time over this as even if you don't win the contest, we may contact you for other work if we like what you do.
Here are samples of feedback we've received on eLance (username 'smashingstuff')...
"Great to work
with, open, understanding, cooperative, willing to listen, great sense
of humor, professional, takes responsibility, knows what he wants, pays
promptly and fairly, Simply the best experience I''ve had on elance so
far, as good if not better than any private client I''ve ever had.
Fantastic. Period. Highly recommendable! 5 out of 5. Cheers, Gary at
"Excellent client, detailed project description and great comunication. I look forward to working with this client again."
our best customers! Easy to work with, always pays in time and very
responsive. We''ve already worked on several projects together."
Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.
- A leaderboard ad 720x90
- Flash or Animated GIF
- Creativity, flair and an understanding of the 'science of persuasion'
- Excessive animation or gimmicks - this is not about tricking people to click on ads, it's about driving quality traffic that is genuinely interested in the product, persuaded to do so by your brilliance in conveying the usefulness or actractiveness of the service